Looking to visit and stay in Key West on a budget? Check out our list of the 13 cheapest places to stay in Key West for $155 or less.
13 Most Affordable Places To Stay In Key West: $155 Or Less
Key West is one of the most beautiful places in the world. That’s why it’s one of the most popular destinations. Unfortunately, a vacation in Key West can get really expensive. In that case, it’s normal to want to reduce expenses. Are you looking for budget-friendly places to stay during your vacation in Key West? Look no further! Key West has plenty of options that won’t break the bank. From hostels and Airbnb rentals to guesthouses and beachfront rentals, there are lots of great places to stay without spending a fortune. For those looking for the cheapest accommodation, hostels might be the way to go. Whether you want an economical single room or prefer to save even more by sharing with other travelers in a dormitory-style setting, there are several hostel options available in Key West at very reasonable prices. If you’re not into the dorm scene, there are also a lot of reliable Airbnb properties available throughout the island. You can find anything from entire homes with beach access to cozy cottages for as little as $85 per night.
There are also plenty of guesthouses in the area where you can stay for surprisingly low rates – sometimes even lower than at most hotels in the area! These charming inns offer basic amenities like clean rooms, Wi-Fi and TVs while keeping their prices down so budget travelers can still enjoy their experience in Key West. And lastly, if you love beachfront views while on vacation, then renting a beach shack or bungalow could be an ideal option for you. Beach homeowners often rent out these dwellings close to sunset and sunrise spots – usually at incredibly good rates compared to traditional hotel stays! No matter what your travel needs might be, Key West has plenty of affordable lodging options that won’t break your bank account – leaving you more money for souvenirs and other fun activities on this wonderful island!
We’ll share a list of the 13 cheapest places to stay in Key West in this guide. All the hotels listed in this guide cost less than $155 per night if you don’t visit during the peak season. The hotel prices can still vary depending on your time of visit. With that said, let’s look at the most affordable hotels in Key West.
13 Cheapest Key West Hotels
Here’s the list of the cheapest places to stay in Key West at a quick glance:
- Old Town Suites – $85 per night.
- Seashell Motel & Key West Hostel – $107 per night.
- Not Your Average Hotel (NYAH) – $125 per night.
- L’Habitation Guesthouse – $128 per night.
- The Garden House – $129 per night.
- The Casablanca Hotel – $135 per night.
- 24 North Hotel Key West – $142 per night.
- Duval House Bed And Breakfast – $145 per night.
- Seascape Tropical Inn – $149 per night.
- Southernmost Inn – $150 per night.
- The Palms Hotel – $150 per night.
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort – $152 per night.
- Old Town Manor – $155 per night.
Now that you’ve had a quick look at the cheapest hotels to stay in when you visit Key West, let’s explore them in detail.
1. Old Town Suites – from $85 per night for a room – Motel
Looking for cheap hotels in key west under 100 dollars? We got you. The cheapest hotel on our list is Old Town suites. It’s located right in the heart of Key West. You’ll have free access to Wi Fi here. It only takes 3 minutes to walk from here to The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. It has other amenities like a flat-screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, and so on. The nightlife of Duval Street is a five-minute walk from here. It’ll only take 9 minutes to get to the southernmost point as well.
Editors Findings: For this property we noted rates ranging from just $85 per night for last minute bookings. Average daily rate is between $399 – $619. Turns out, it’s better to book your stay last minute to take advantage of empty room discounts. They are either going to make nothing on that room or discount it and fill it!
Cheapest place to stay in Key West Florida in 2023
- Location: 517 Truman Ave, Key West, FL 33340
- Contact: (305) 434-6341
2. Seashell Motel & Key West Hostel – from $59 per night per bed. $107 for double bed room. – Hostel
The Seashell Motel is one of the cheapest places to stay in Key West. This is Key West’s only hostel style place to stay, where guests can rent a room or a bed. It’s considered a 2-star hotel with many basic amenities like free Wi Fi and parking. It’s wheelchair accessible and there are smoke-free zones in the hotel.
- Location: 718 South St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 296-5719
3. Not Your Average Hotel (NYAH) – from $125 per night – Hotel
The basic amenities of NYAH include free Wi-Fi and breakfast. You can also get an outdoor pool and hot tub if you stay here. The room is air- conditioned as well. It’s an 8-minute walk to get from here to the busy life on Duval Street or you could rent a jeep or slingshot & cruise in style. Mallory Square is also just a 15-minute walk from this hotel.
- Location: 420 Margaret St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (844) 399-6924
4. L’Habitation Guesthouse – from $128 per night – Guesthouse
The amenities of the L’Habitation Guesthouse include flat-screen TVs, free Wi Fi, free breakfast, and minifridges. It’s an adult-only guest house that’s located in the prime spot of Key West. The restaurants and bars of Duval street are only a minute away from here. It’s also only 4 miles away from the Key West International Airport.
- Location: 408 Eaton St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 293-9203
5. The Garden House – from $129 per night – Guesthouse
This cool cottage-style guesthouse is only an 8-minute walk from the famous Duval Street and places like Sloppy Joes & Smoking Tuna. It also takes 9 minutes to get to the Key West Aquarium from here. You’ll get free Wi Fi and breakfast in this guesthouse.
- Location: 329 Elizabeth St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 296-5368
This hotel is a restored 1898 house that includes amenities like free Wi Fi and breakfast. You’ll also find smoke-free zones, air-conditioned rooms, and an outdoor hotel here.
- Location: 904 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 296-0815
7. 24 North Hotel Key West – from $142 per night – Resort Style Hotel
The 24 North Hotel Key West is a 4-star hotel that’s 4 miles away from the shops of Mallory square as well as The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. This hotel offers free Wi Fi as well as an outdoor pool.
- Location: 3820 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 320-0940
8. Duval House Bed And Breakfast – from $145 per night. – Bed & Breakfast
You’ll find amenities like free Wi Fi, free breakfast, parking, and air- conditioned rooms in this hotel. There’s also a heated outdoor pool in this hotel. Limited parking is also available. It sits right among the different restaurants and bars on Duval street. If you walk to the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum from here, it’ll only take 3 minutes.
- Location: 815 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 294-1666
The Seascape Tropical Inn is located in an excellent spot as it’s only a block away from the nightlife of Duval Street. It’s also just two blocks from the Ernest Hemingway House and Museum.
- Location: 420 Olivia St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 296-7776
10. Southernmost Inn – from $150 per night – Motel
The basic amenities of the Southernmost Inn include free Wi Fi and breakfast. The rooms are air conditioned and you’ll also get access to an outdoor pool if you stay here.
- Location: 525 United St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (888) 525-0037
11. The Palms Hotel – from $150 per night – Motel
The Palms Hotel is located a mile away from the shops and bars of Duval street. It’ll take 15 minutes to walk from there to the Ernest Hemingway House and Museum.
- Location: 820 White St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 434-6341
12. Ibis Bay Beach Resort – from $152 per night – Resort Style Hotel
This cozy beachfront resort includes a 600-foot private beach, a boat ramp, on-site jetski tours, kayak rentals, bar service and an outdoor pool. You’ll also have access to Wi Fi and parking if you stay here.
- Location: 3101 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 296-1043
13. Old Town Manor – from $155 per night – Guest House
It’s an old hotel that was built in 1886 and was formerly known as Eaton Lodge. The refined rooms now have a touch of both traditional and contemporary styles. You’ll find private balconies or shared decks here.
- Location: 511 Eaton St, Key West, FL 33040
- Contact: (305) 292-2170
Wrapping It Up
Now you know the best places to stay in Key West on a budget. If you don’t mind spending more, you can stay at the cheapest 5 star hotel in Key West. You can also opt for Key West vacation rentals if hotels don’t seem the right fit for you. Do a quick search for the cheapest VRBO or cheapest Airbnb if you want to stay in Key West for a lower price.
For more info and local comments regarding camping at Fort Jefferson. Click here for our most recent Dry Tortugas post with comments.
NEW Florida Keys Adventure Post
If you are looking for a great list of top activities for families and kids, check out this blog post. The Top 5 Activities For Families In The Florida Keys
- 13 Cheapest Places To Stay In Key West Florida in 2023
- Free Parking In Key West Florida 2023: Top 10 Locations (2023 Updates)
- The History Behind The Key Deer, Key West Chickens & How The Iguanas Got Here
- Top Ways to Get To Key West From Miami in 2023: Cheap Flights, Buses & More
- List Of The Top 10 Beaches In The Florida Keys From Marathon To Key West (Updated 2023)